Hello Lovelies, today I want to share a new recipe straight out of the oven with you. As so many of you asked me to share my recipe for the Mini Donuts on Instagram I will share it with you today. Fluffy, pastel coloured Mini Donuts […]
Hello my Lovelies,
Today is Monday and that means that I share a new recipe here on my blog with you. Recently I have seen lots of different “Bars” on Instagram and Pinterest. Either with oats or raw bars,- they are for sure delicious, handy and easy to take with you. Today I want to show you my recipe for delicious, moist Breakfast Blueberry Bars. (more…)
perhaps you know Pop Tarts from America which are toasted in the toaster and are filled with different fillings such as chocolate or jam and are topped with icing and sprinkles.
Unfortunately, these ones are made with wheat flour and therefore contain gluten. Today I want to show you my recipe for gluten-free Pop Tarts. Enjoy!
The ingredients: (For 4-6 Pop Tarts)
For the dough
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free flour
- 4 tbsp margarine
- 1 tsp sugar
- 4 tbsp non-hydrogenated shortening
- 1/2 tsp salt and vanilla powder
- 1-5 tsp cold water
For the filling
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 6 tsp boysenberry jam
For the icing
- 1 1/2 cups icing sugar
- 1/4 cup non-hydrogenated shortening
- 2 tbsp water
- 1/2 tsp vanilla powder
- Butterfly pea powder/purple food colouring
- a little lime juice
- backing paper, cookie cutters in a rectangle shape, rolling pin
Instructions for the Pop Tarts:
- Combine the flour and the sugar.
- Melt the margarine and non-hydrogenated shortening for about 30 secs. in the microwave and add it to the flour.
- Mix it with a fork until it begins to lump.
- Add 1-5 Tbsp of water to the dough until its kneadable and smooth. (If you need more water- just add more.)
- Roll the dough into two balls and let it cool for 15 minutes in the fridge.
- Preheat the oven to 175-degree Celsius.
- Roll out the dough thinly and cut out rectangles with a cookie cutter.
For the filling:
- Mix the jam and the cornstarch in a little bowl.
- Fill one teaspoon of jam onto every other rectangle and cover it with another rectangle.
- Seal the edges of each Pop Tart with the help of a fork.
- Bake the Pop Tarts for about 10-15 Minutes. Let them cool.
For the Icing:
- Mix the non-hydrogenated shortening and the icing sugar together.
- Add the vanilla powder, water, lime juice and the butterfly pea powder.
- If the icing is too runny, add more icing sugar.
- Spread the icing on top of the Pop Tarts and add some sprinkles on top.
Lime Boysenberry Pop Tarts
For all the people who have never heard of boysenberry. It’s a hybrid of a raspberry and a blackberry.
Of course, you can fill your Pop Tarts with a different jam or you can even use chocolate and use chocolate as an icing.
Have fun to bake it and let me know on Instagram!
Still in the mood for some more baking recipes?: Raspberry Champagne Cupcakes
Lots of Love,
Neva aka Elysian Soul
Hello Lovelies, After I have been diagnosed with coeliac disease a few years ago, I had major problems with finding dishes that keep me full for a long time. At some point, I discovered the Thai and tropical kitchen. The combination of these creamy, spicy […]
Good Morning my Lovelies,
I hope you had a great week? My last week was extremely stressful, as I had to write on three different papers for the university which I have to hand in within the next three days!
So if you’re reading this post after the 31st of January I will have them handed in already – jipiie!
Since the last week was so stressful I often didn’t have the time for eating and therefore smoothies and milkshakes kept me alive. Moreover, it was so handy because one can continue typing on your laptop – hehe!
Due to these circumstances, today’s post is more simple and shorter. It’s about this super creamy Berry milkshake. (more…)