Pastel Cashew Raw Bars
I hope you had such a nice and sunny weekend as I had. Today I want to show you a new recipe from a new category – the “raw” category. In this one, I want to show you all the treats which are similar to cakes or muffins but are not baked. Today I want to show you my recipe for these Cashew Raw Bars. I hope you are having fun with little treaties!
*To the ones that have never eaten a raw cake: I think that this recipe is exactly what you need as the vanilla flavour resembles a cheesecake. In addition, the measurements are not that big.
I can understand why lots of people do not want to try out raw recipes because nuts are often really expensive. But this recipe only contains a little more than a cup of cashew nuts and they are rather inexpensive*
The ingredients (about 10 Bars)
For the crust:
- 1/3 cup cashews
- 1/4 cup of dates
- 1/2 tsp water
For the cashew-mousse:
- 1 cup cashews (soaked overnight in water!)
- 1/2 cup vanilla soy milk
- 3 tbsp rice syrup/agave syrup
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- white chocolate
For the colours:
- pink: Pink Pitaya Powder
- green: Matcha Powder
- blue: Blue Spirulina Powder
- purple: Blueberry Powder
- edible flowers
For the crust:
- Soak the cup of cashew nuts overnight in 2 cups of water.
- Line a 20×20 cm baking dish
- Blend the cashew nuts in a food processor, add the dates. Blend everything until it turns into a sticky mixture.
- Pour the mixture onto the baking paper and add the water. Press it firmly onto the baking paper. My crust dough was enough for the half of the baking dish.
- Freeze the crust, while making the cashew mousse.
The mousse of the Cashew Raw Bars:
- Drain the soaked cashews.
- Combine it with the milk, rice syrup, salt and the vanilla powder in a food processor.
- Mix everything until smooth and creamy.
- Divide the cashew mousse into three different bowls and colour the first pink.
- Spread the first pink layer onto the crust and freeze it for 45 minutes.
- Colour the second layer with matcha and freeze it again for 45 minutes.
- Repeat the process with the blue layer.
- Before you freeze it for the last time, heat up the white chocolate in a water bath.
- When the chocolate is liquid, add the blueberry powder.
- Drizzle the chocolate of the bars.
- Freeze everything overnight.
- Let them defrost for 10 minutes.
- Cut them in nice little squares.
Do you prefer baked cakes? click